Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was formed in the year 2003 with the introduction of an undergraduate course. The Department, over the time, has grown in several dimensions and provides a magnetic ambience in teaching and learning. Apart from the four years B. Tech course the Department also offers one full time M.Tech course in communication Engineering. The faculties are engaged in research in various topics focussing in Telecommunication, Antenna and Microwave, Microelectronics and VLSI, Signal and Image processing. It is well equipped with sophisticated laboratories in the areas of Analog & Digital Electronics, VLSI, Signal Processing, Microwave, Antenna and Wireless Communication. The Department is involved in outreach activities by organizing several IEEE workshops & Seminars. The Department is committed to impart quality education at undergraduate as well as postgraduate level.
Courses offered by the Department
1. B.Tech.Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
2. M.Tech. in Mobile Communication
Intake per year in B.Tech. = 90
Intake per Year in M.Tech = 18
• To import high quality technical education in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
• To make the department a center of excellence in the identified thrust area of Modern Communications.
• To identify the industry partners from telecom sector and to make students industry ready engineers.
• To identify the R&D organization and/or academic institutions of repute for collaborative R&D work for the faculty members and summer internships for students.
To train young engineering students, both boys and girls, confident and competent with humane quality and professional ethics to take our nation to a prime slot in the global telecom arena
There are various well equipped Laboratories like:
Digital Electronics Lab
Computer Organization and Architecture Laboratory
Basic Electronics Laboratory
Microprocessor & Microcontroller Laboratory
Basic Computing Laboratory
Electronics Devices and Circuits Lab
Analog Electronic Circuits
Fibre Optic & Microwave Engineering Labs
Signal Processing & Controls Lab
Teachers and students are actively associated with Research and Development.
Various Research Domains are followings:
Medical Informatics and Telemedicine
VLSI Design and Methodologies
Digital Image Processing
VLSI design and testing
Cryptography and network security
CAD for VLSI & Embedded Systems
BITM is structured with well furnished classrooms specially designed for students. They are spacious, airy and well-lit having the latest training aids with audio-visual interaction and Wi-Fi facility. Well furnished small rooms are also available for specialization and tutorial classes.